Thursday, October 13, 2011

Guest Post at Deft Digits

Joe Walker, who I first discovered at the excellent From the Woodshed site, has a wonderful new blog called Deft Digits - GREAT guitar blog title: Wish I'd thought of that! - and he has a series going over there called, Discover a Guitarist. The idea is to expose his readers to guitarists discovered by we who have been around for a while.

Well, Joe paid me the distinct honor of asking me to contribute an entry to the series, and so I did. Since most of Joe's readers are rock and jazz oriented students, I attempted to broaden their horizons by telling the story of my discovery of Kazuhito Yamashita, who remains the most awesome nylon string player in the world, as far as I'm concerned.

So, head on over an poke around for a while - the previous entries are excellent too - and thank you, Joe!

No pretty girl for this post, as I'm bummed about the death of a long time non-musician inspiration, Steve Jobs.



R.I.P. Steve, and thanks for making my work easier and more fun.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Deft Digits Guitar Lessons said...

Thanks for the article, George. Yamashita is amazing!

Joe

7:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home