Monday, September 30, 2013

Guitar Mania

Sorry for the slow pace of posting, but I'm meticulously working out my new recording setup to include the Synclavier and Hexaphonic guitar. It's coming along great, but I need one more Lexicon MPX-G2 to finish it.

In the mean time, I've been getting more guitars to experiment with. First up is an open headstock version of the Blackbird Rider Nylon guitar with an RMC Polydrive.

The open headstock looks more, "normal" and makes it easier to string the guitar. Mostly I just wanted a viable backup though.

Then, out of the blue, my friend Jim Kozel made a Rider Nylon with the new GrapTech Ghost system. He decided it wasn't for him, so I bought it.

Unlike with the Polydrive, all the controls are on the guitar. The sound is also radically different from the Polydrive. Not sure which I prefer yet, but it is nice to have something different that will also work with the hexaphonic system and the Synclavier.

I really hope an MPX-G2 shows up on eBay next month so I can get to sorting the hex system out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home