Friday, July 21, 2006

My Name in Lights!

Well, sorta/kinda.

Your humble blog author is now listed along with such guitar luminaries as Eric Clapton, Larry Coryell, Mark Knopfler (Dire Straits), Brian Setzer (Stray Cats/Brian Setzer Orchestra), Brian Adams, Brian May (Queen), and several others in an add for the Carlos CP-1A acoustic guitar pickup.



One of the coolest things about this list is that I am listed right under Mike Brannon and Randy Cordero - both Texas guitarsts I know personally. In fact, Mike and I go back to the late 70's when we were studying together with Jackie King, Herb Ellis, and Pat Martino at the Guitar Institute SW. Later, he and I were at Berklee together, and we still get together fairly often. He's coming to Alpine this w/e, come to think of it.

*****

In other news, I landed a choice monthly gig at a winery where I'll be compensated - get this - with a base pay fee, a percentage of the door, dinner, and... two bottles of wine! Now I play weekly at a brewery where the brewmaster is a real, genuine German who's been brewing since he was twelve, and monthly at a winery where the proprietors have developed their own strains of grapes for the locality, and I can't pay for a drink at either place!

I love my life.



Makes me want to beat a drum.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home