Sunday, December 09, 2007

Blond... or Redhead?

No contest.

While Norma Jean claimed that blonds have more fun, she wasn't a natural blond, was she? Nope. Even in the case of natural blonds, they outnumber redheads by a very wide statistical margin: Redheads are the rarest of the rare, which is why I find them so fascinating... ahem... OK, that's one of the reasons I find them so fascinating.

So, you can guess how I answered the, "Ginger, or Mary Ann?" question: That's right, Tina Louise all the way, baby.

*****

Never let it be said that God doesn't have a sense of humor with those who are His. While surfing the internet for information about Parker Nylon Fly owners, I found a forum at - where else - Parker Guitars, where a few of said owners hang out. Wouldn't you know it: There was a guy selling one there. And, this is no ordinary Parker Nylon Fly either: It's a one-of-a-kind Parker Custom Shop Nylon Fly Cedar! The standard Nylon Fly is made of spruce and comes in a translucent butterscotch finish - it's definitely a natural blond. This cedar Nylon Fly is?... a natural redhead. It is absolutely, positively unique: The only one on the planet.



I should have it in my hot little hands by Wednesday of this week, three days before my fiftieth (!) birthday. Notice that it also doesn't have the abalone inlay on the bridge like the stock Nylon Fly: I never cared for the "mother of toilet seat" look, so it's as if the guy who originally ordered the guitar ordered it especially for me... and, I guess he did!



Seriously, there is simply nothing cooler than a beautiful redhead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home