Monday, September 08, 2008

A Gig with a View

This was the view from where I was performing on Saturday.



First of all, this was on a private ranch, and it never looks that green: We've had the rainiest summer for years around here, and everything is spectacularly green. Usually, it's quite brown this time of year. Second, that is not a river or a lake, but a dammed creek, and it's hardly ever that full either, as you can tell from the amount of greenery that is in the water. The dam is just out of the shot to the left. Third, this ranch is over ten miles from the nearest paved public road, so it took a long time to get to the gig once I actually got to the gate. The place is huge!

And people wonder why a musician would drive a vehicle like this.



Though I didn't need to use the 4x4 this time, I have in the past on some of the grades these ranch roads have. One of the most fun parts of the gig was leaving: On the way out I put on my PIAA off road lights and played Baja 1,000 with my truck. Ten miles of off road racing. Massive fun! LOL!

Finally, I don't want to tell you who the ranch belongs to or exactly where it is, as he's quite famous and likes to escape there. All I'll say is that it is outside of Big Bend National Park, and looks like it might as well be the park. Incredibly cool ranch, incredibly cool folks, and an incredibly cool gig.

3 Comments:

Blogger  said...

It does look most wild westy.

Stay on groovin' safari,
Tor

6:07 PM  
Blogger Nilk said...

Can I have your truck, please? :)

7:03 AM  
Blogger Hucbald said...

Thanks, Tor.

Nilk, wait until you see the NEW truck I'm getting next year! ;^)

9:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home