Sunday, August 10, 2008

Test: New and Improved MMM - Now With Streaming Audio!

This is something I've wanted to do for a long, long time, but I'm just enough of a computer luddite not to have been able to figure it out. Well, by hanging out with some composers who are a lot smarter than I am with computers, I think I have finally figured it out.

Turns out there is a super-simple script available for the del.icio.us playTagger that can be embedded into any weblog template, and that should put a blue and white play icon next to any MP3 links I embed here. I'll soon find out.

This is a MIDI to MP3 conversion that I did in iTunes using the RealFont 2.0 classical guitar soundfont, and it is of the third movement Scherzo from my Sonata One in E Minor for solo guitar.

This is a traditional swing tune with the swing written out in 12/8, but it is in two-part counterpoint. Both the melody and bass line are stylistically correct, and the counterpoint is traditionally strict: No parallel perfect octaves, perfect fifths, or dissonances.

Click on the blue and white player icon, not the file name: Clicking on the file name will give you a Quicktime player in a different window if you're on a Mac, or WMP if you are on Windows (And have WMP as your default).

Enjoy!

Scherzo in G Major for Solo Guitar

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home