Thursday, December 11, 2008

Vanessa Mae: Iconoclast

Being an iconoclast myself, I like the ideas behind Vanessa Mae's renditions of classic chestnuts, even if the execution of those ideas is sometimes a bit... well... you'll see.

Toccata and Fugue in D minor:



And, since I play my own arrangement of this, Classical Gas:



While we're at it, let's eviscerate Vivaldi:



OK, this one is just bad, but her British accent isn't, so, Vanessa Mae murders Paganini's 24th Caprice:



Didn't like the earlier Classical Gas? How about Bob Marley meets Mason Williams in Raggae Hell:



Just to make a point, she can play straight ahead. Here's some J.S. Bach to prove it:



Her intonation isn't exactly perfect, but it is a live performance.

Finally, The Devil's Trill:

(No embed available)

And, of course, it doesn't hurt that she's the hottest girl in all of music at the moment. I. love. her.

No redhead today. LOL!

6 Comments:

Blogger Claude said...

This was painful. I tried every video. I'm a masochist. The Bach just about killed me. I deserve flowers for not leaving you...

Congratulations on your new home!

11:42 PM  
Blogger Claude said...

I survived it though...

Joyeux Noël! All the best, always.

11:50 PM  
Blogger Hucbald said...

Consider virtual flowers are on your desktop, Claudia.

*blows kiss*

You just have to try to find the humor in these things, otherwise it can be painful. Though, I must admit, that when the tap dancers came into the Paganini I almost lost my dinner.

Cheers,

Geo

4:22 AM  
Blogger Minicapt said...

... and she has better hair!

Cheers
JMH

8:51 PM  
Blogger Claude said...

I don't always agree that it's a Man's World. But I'm glad for Vanessa Mae, that it's probably true, when she appears on the stage...

Your virtual flowers and "kiss" greatly helped, Hucbald. Thank you!

10:12 PM  
Blogger Egg said...

Ah, Bach ... and Vanessa Mae entertain me anytime ...

12:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home