Tuesday, July 31, 2007

New Recordings (Updated)

I've finally gotten into a groove on the recordings for the Heavy Nylon demo CD. I ran out of room on my old .Mac Downloads page, so I had to make a new one, which was just as well, because I can now have the MP3's all in one location. So the first seven MP3's (of fourteen tracks total) are posted at my new Heavy Nylon Demo Downloads page, for those interested.

I'm using the Godian Multiac Grand Concert SA with the RMC Polydrive hexaphonic pickup for these, and playing through a Lexicon MPX-G2 preamp and effects unit. That goes into a class A tube power amp, and then into ProTools LE 7 via an M-Box. I don't care if the M-Box preamp is by Focusrite, the highs on playback are brighter than what you put into the thing. As a result, these are a little edgier than I would like, but I don't want to re-EQ everything for a demo CD (I may be the only one in the universe bothered by this anyway), so I'm going to wait to tweak until before I re-record the Fossils CD in the fall.

The next few posts will probably just be updates as I finish these recordings.

UPDATE 1:27 AM (!!!): My manager alerted me to the fact that some of the downloads were failing to decompress. I traced this to the period I was using in the abbreviation "No." being an illegal character for the Zip program (It assumes anything after the first period is the file type). Of course, the period used in this manner is not illegal in iTunes file names.

This is why I hate computers. How hard could it be to fix a "feature" like this? I wasted HOURS figuring this out today. Ridiculous.

I also added Classical Gas and Desert Song to the page. Remember, these are initial versions: If I have time I plan to record three versions and pick the best ones, but the sooner I have preliminary versions done, the sooner the pressure is off.


*****



Super-heavy-duty, armored and padded gloves for klutzy joggers who play guitar.

*****



Now, back to the axe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home