Saturday, December 15, 2007

Fifty (!): The Big Five-Oh $#!*

Well, it's official: I'm a Certified Old Fart.

My "blonde" Australian lady-friend reader baked brownies in my honor:



Too bad I wasn't able to fly down and eat them!

She sent along a pic of herself too:



At first I thought she was pulling my leg, then I realized: That's right - of course - it's winter up here, so it's summer Down Under... right?

My manager sent me a whole box of goodies, including cookies of many varieties that she baked herself.

Here I am eating one:



HT: Pogria for the photo.

And, of course, it's my birthday, so I'll post a redhead if I want to.



You just never know with redheads: Most have blue or green eyes, but hers are dark brown. Highly unusual.

I have a gig tonight, but after it's over me and a couple of guitarist buddies are going to get together and PARTY!!!



We got your bottle of Herradura 100% Blue Agave Anejo tequila, twelve Corona's, and a bag of limes (For the beer, not the tequila: With tequila this good, it would be a sin to use "training wheels").

In the foreground you can see the uber-cool gift my manager gave me: A genuine 1930's Navajo bolo tie with turquoise and what looks like a fossilized shark's tooth or claw. And, it has real bolos on it: Ballsy! LOL!

10 Comments:

Blogger paul bailey said...

happy bday huc,

that tequila looks like you are in going to have a celebration to remember...

just don't forget to drink lots of water before you go to bed.

2:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Silly Me!!

I should have baked a batch of "blondie's"!!!!

Hope you've had a great day and night!!!

XXXXOOOOXXXX

9:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*sigh*

Looks Like I'll have to leave you to the redheads.

An Aussie Blonde would never have stopped drinking so soon!!!

4:58 AM  
Blogger Hucbald said...

Paul: Thanks dad. LOL! I keep that mix it yourself Gatorade around. A liter of that and some B vitamins does wonders.

Pogria: Thanks again, but I guess I really am an old fuddy-duddy now: I awoke to 3/4 of a bottle of tequila and two beers left this morning. Not much "damage" for three musicians.

More coffee. I need more coffee. ;^)

10:07 AM  
Blogger SillyBlindHarper said...

Best wishes, Hucbald! May you live to see many more.

5:03 AM  
Blogger Sammee said...

happy birthday! and thanks for all of your comments. Will respond soon! :)

6:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you'd been drinking with Aussies, you'd had to have gone looking for more booze long before morning arrived!

6:43 AM  
Blogger Hucbald said...

That would have been my twenty-fifth birthday Pogria, NOT my fiftieth. LOL!

9:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Huc,

From the other side of the globe: Best wishes! :-)

4:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AW Huc,

in Oz, it isn't your age that stops you drinking,

it's stopping drinking that makes you age!!! ;) LOL!!

Have a great chrissy!!

7:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home