Monday, March 30, 2009

MMM Makes Craigslist

Sorry for the absence, but I've been sending out mailings, which I'll post about at a later date. Basically, last week I did 20 art galleries, and for the next three weeks I'll be doing 60 restaurants, 20 per week. Then, there will be about ten hotels, and twenty event planners, wedding planners and caterers. San Antonio is huge: "restaurants in san antonio texas" returned over 50K Google search results! I went throug about 500 of them to get a list of sixty that have live music of some kind or other.

The goal is to get over 100 promo packets in circulation, which include a cover sheet, a flyer, a demo CD and a business card. Like I said, I'll detail this later. I haven't posted about developing business plans here before, but it's probably the biggest area of weakness among musicians. Anyway...

I do check in to my Sitemeter stats every morning over coffee, and today I had about twice my usual traffic, which averages about 110 hits per day now. I noticed that all of the extra flow was coming from Canada - British Columbia mostly - so I looked at one of them and found a referring link from Craigslist Vancouver with this link back to MMM.



LOL! He could, you know, just email me and start a correspondence. Anyway, I got a chuckle out of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home