Monday, March 03, 2008

Readers, Meet Johann Sebastian Bach

Did you know that there is a copper replica of J.S. Bach's skull extant? I had never heard of this in my bachelors, masters, or doctoral studies, but there is, and it was used to make the most accurate depiction of Bach to date.



According to the article, Bach only ever sat for one portrait, which I also did not know. I love science and history.

Jim is still working on my Parker Nylon Fly, but I'm hopeful that it will be here by Friday. I'm about to burst with anticipation!

Also stumbled across this, which someone must have made specifically for this blog.



LOL!

3 Comments:

Blogger Machinist said...

Saw your comment at Corante. You DO have a wide range of interests. It gives new meaning to the phrase "burning sands" doesn't it?

10:36 PM  
Blogger Hucbald said...

That was just a hilarious story, in a completely horrifying way, of course. I'm still having visions of a ton of that stuff burning through a concrete floor with people running away just as fast as they can.

And I thought hydrofluoric acid was bad!

10:45 PM  
Blogger Machinist said...

The Germans used concentrated H2O2 as oxidizer in their rocket fighters. Between the drop off trolley, the landing skid, and the grass fields they had a nasty habit of flipping over. If they did not explode outright the fuel tended to desolve the pilot. Not nice.

12:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home