Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day to me is simply the end of my least favorite part of the year, which starts with Halloween. The psychological beginning of spring, March first, is right around the corner, and warmer weather is on the way: I can't stand cold weather, which is why I live so far south.

The Parker Nylon Fly has been shipped to Jim, and he should get it tomorrow, so I ought to have it back by the end of the first week in March. I'm psyched.

I've finished my metronome slow-play/forte play practice routine with the pieces I have the routine down solidly with, so now I'm into the newer and more difficult "problem pieces" and that's going fantastically well. My manager and I plan to get me established in San Antonio this year - my home town - and I ought to have my set to a whole new level for that by the end of March (The "problem pieces" take a lot more time to go through than the old reliable pieces).

I have my workouts up to thirty to forty-five minutes once or twice a day now, and I'm in better shape than I have been for about four years, and that feels great. I'll be able to get back to my jogging in March also - I'm a fair weather runner - and so by April I ought to be a lean, mean, performing machine.

Looking forward to a productive 2008!



Marina would make a nice Valentine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home