Sunday, April 26, 2009

Philosophical Pitch: 432Hz "Verdi's A" Tuning Forks Now Available

This is a post I've been meaning to do for quite a while now, but things continue to get in the way of my MMM posting. About a month ago, Susan Bowen emailed me to let me know that her site, SWB-256 Music, now has Verdi's A tuning forks of various configurations available.

Long ago I blogged about my travails trying to get tuning forks at A=432Hz to tune to - I ended up ordering several from France, only to discover they were actually made in Germany - so this is good news. These are not like the steel forks I got, as they are made of aluminum, but not only can you get A=432Hz, but also C=256Hz and C=512Hz as well. Plus, they are made in the good ol' US of A. I plan on ordering a few, and at $11.00 plus 4.50 shipping and handling within the US, you'll be getting a great deal.

So, if you, like me, don't like the A=440Hz pitch standard, go on over and give Verdi's A=432Hz a try.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home