Sunday, December 30, 2007

Taking a Breath Between Christmas and the New Year

Hope Santa was good to everybody, because he sure was good to me.



The World's Greatest Peanut Brittle. Takes a tag team to make this: Two to share in the stirring, then one to pour and the other to spread. This is my Great Grandmother Freeland's recipe, so it's well over a hundred years old. I have finally gotten my mom to share it with me.



The World's Greatest Pumpkin Pie. This is actually the "EZ Version" as we didn't start out with the pumpkins - there just wasn't enough time - but it's the spices that really make it. I have not yet been "entrusted" with this particular Olde Family Recipe. Maybe next year.



Entertainment by Hucbald. I just set up my rig in the living room, which freaked out mom's Lhasas, but mom loves to hear me play. BTW: Mom now has the numero uno Lhasa Apso show dog in the US of A. She's been invited to the Westminster Show in NYC in February, and is tickled pink about it. This runs in the family: Her father was a national champion at raising and training five gait and fine harness horses back in the 30's. In fact, I grew up with horses and had my first pony when I was eight years old. I'd sure like to be in a situation where I could have a horse again. Horses are magical creatures that actually exist in reality. I think people who don't understand this have something wrong with them. A relationship with a horse changes a person forever, much to that person's benefit.



I know every guy has different ideas about feminine beauty - and thank God for that, or we'd all be after the same girl, and wouldn't that be a mess - and I find something beautiful about almost every woman I meet from eighteen to eighty, but I actually went slack-jawed when I saw this model the first time. If God had ever gotten off of his lazy butt and made a girl for me, I imagine she would have looked exactly like this.

There are some problems here, but not with the girl: The makeup is over-produced - especially the too-dark eyebrows, and there has been some photoshop lightening of the cheeks and forehead... I'd sure like to see what she looks like when she wakes up in the morning... er... well, you know what I mean. LOL!

*****

BTW: I managed to leave my email overloaded, so for four days I got no mail. I'm always forgetting something.

2 Comments:

Blogger Freddie L Sirmans, Sr. said...

You have a very, very interesting blog.

4:28 PM  
Blogger Hucbald said...

Welcome, freddie.

Thanks. I go through phases here. Right now it's stream-of-consciousness, weird-ass-musician lifestyle stuff, but it could become a super-serious natural philosopher musician blog again in a heartbeat.

Cheers!

George

12:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home